1. Important notice about Cloudbleed - if your site uses the Cloudflare CDN, and you intend to follow the Joomla security team's advice to change your site "secret", you MUST READ THIS NOTICE.
  2. Fabrik 3.6 Released Remember to backup and test your backup before proceeding with this update. Please report any problems you might experience with this new version here on the forum. You are safe to upgrade to Joomla! 3.7 and PHP 7.x with this version of Fabrik. View the blog for more details on this release.

Registration link not showing

Discussion in 'Standard Support' started by bespokeappstt, Jun 19, 2017.

1. bespokeappstt

bespokeappstt Member

Level: Professional
    I have a list called Events Calendar. On this list I am posting a lot of 'Events'. I have a column called 'Register'. Two things I need help in.
    1. The 'Register' link text is not showing. How do I get it to show.
    2. How do I get this link to re-direct to my 'Registration Form'. I have a basic registration form that has to be filled out for all 'Events'.

Attached Files:

2. bespokeappstt

bespokeappstt Member

Another thing, the time for my 'End' column is not showing. How come.

3. troester

troester Well-Known Member Staff Member

Level: Standard
    Date format: check your element settings (List format).

Register column:
    Which element type are use using, which settings?

4. bespokeappstt

bespokeappstt Member

Register column:
    I am using a 'link' plugin and I want the link to send users to the 'Registration From'. In addition to it now showing, how do I get the link for the other form I created?

5. bespokeappstt

bespokeappstt Member

You were right about the Date Format. That problem is solved.

6. bespokeappstt

bespokeappstt Member

So what I need now is
    1. Get the label for the 'link' element to show
    2. Hyperlink it to my 'Registration' form
    I specified both the Default label and a label. At the moment the url is 'gmail.com'. The character width is 9. I don't what else to do to get this link to show.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  7. bespokeappstt

bespokeappstt Member

Very very strange behaviour, all I did was add another element, a drop down and now my link element text is showing. So it's just one matter to solve. How do I link it to my 'Registration' form? I created a form, how do I get the link for this form so that I can send users here to register?

8. bespokeappstt

bespokeappstt Member

So my link text is showing and that's great. But I don't know how to get the link for a registration form I created. How do I link the text to that form?

9. cheesegrits

cheesegrits Support Gopher Staff Member

Level: Supporter
    What site / form is this?

And what form are you trying to link to?

-- hugh

10. bespokeappstt

bespokeappstt Member

This is the site:
    http://www.knoxttdot.com/ttcycling/index.php#

Clicking the 'Events' tab takes you to the a list. This list is called 'List of Events'. The purpose of this list is to simply list out the events for the year. It has a column called called, 'Register'. This column holds the linked text called 'Register'. I have a generic registration form and I want this 'Register' link to take you to this registration form. Of course in Fabrik everything starts with a list so the screenshot shows the lists.

In the end, 2 lists, one captures all the events for the year and the other one allows users to register for the event. In time I will add more events but there will always be only one Registration Form.

Feel free to recommend a better way of what I am trying to do.

Attached Files:

11. cheesegrits

You might want to use the Link list plugin.

So is your question what the URL to a Fabrik form should be?

index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=form&formid=123

Replace 123 with your numeric form ID. Add &Itemid=234 (replace with actual menu item id) if you want the link to be tied to a menu item.

-- hugh

12. bespokeappstt

bespokeappstt Member

Okay, I'll go try this out.

13. cheesegrits

If you ever aren't sure, just go and add a Fabrik component menu link to whatever you want to link to. That'll show you what the URL is.

-- hugh

14. bespokeappstt

bespokeappstt Member

I have been using a plugin type 'link'. I downloaded and installed the,
    list - Link 3.6
    from the download area. I am not seeing anything different to what was there before. The attached screenshot shows my options for Plugins. Is the 'link' the same thing you are referring to?

Attached Files:

15. cheesegrits

The list link plugin is a list plugin, not an element plugin. It let's you add a button that acts as a link.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk